When you are in the mood for something light, and just a bit sweet, these gluten free apple cinnamon muffins are sure to please.
Have you had one of those days where you hit the floor running? You know, where you can’t even stop to go to the bathroom, let alone eat?
I know I have. Plenty of times, I’ve tried to get my day off the ground without eating anything. No breakfast, no lunch. I am just too busy, I think to myself. Alas, the hangry pains that come about 2 PM nearly do me in. It’s not pretty, trust me.
That’s why it’s a good idea to have some easy to grab foods that you can grab and go. Say hello to these apple cinnamon muffins. Light, yet flavorful, protein packed to keep you full and gluten free! Win-win, right?
What makes these gluten free muffins so delicious?
There really are 2 secrets to these apple cinnamon muffins. Some gluten free baked recipes use a gluten free baking mix, but this one doesn’t. So, what makes them light and fluffy?
- It’s in the eggs. Yes, there really is 10 eggs in here, and you want to make sure they are fully whipped until they are fluffy. THIS step is probably one of the most important for proper tender, fluffy muffins.
- Allowing the coconut flour time to absorb the liquid. This helps with keeping lumps and clumps out of your final baked goods.
How do I keep the muffins from getting soggy on the botton?
Many baked goods, including these no added sugar muffins can get soggy on the bottom after baking. The secret there is to either remove the muffin from the pan right away or tip the muffin so that the steam escapes from the pan. Both methods allow the steam to escape, and will help solve that “soggy bottom” that makes a muffin texture gross.
These gluten free muffins are more delicate than your regular all purpose flour baked muffin. You’ll want to be careful removing them once they are fully cool.
Ingredients you need
- Coconut flour, sifted
- Baking powder
- Coconut oil
Making your gluten free apple cinnamon muffins:
- Beat eggs and applesauce together.
- Add the vanilla, honey and coconut oil, and mix with the eggs.Sift the coconut flour in a separate bowl, removing any chunks.Add the baking power and cinnamon to the sifted coconutflour.Mix the dry ingredients into the wet and stir well to combine.Allow to sit while oven begins to preheat. Prepare your muffin pan.
- Use a muffin scoop , or measuring cup, add the batter into the pan, filling each 3/4 full.Bake until soft but “springy” on top. The top should spring back when gently pressed on.Remove from the oven, and allow to cool completely.
Can I freeze these muffins?
To freeze these for later, allow to cool completely, then store in air tight freezer bags. Thaw by allowing them to come to room temperature for 15 minutes before eating. Or just munch on them frozen, if you want. It’ll still taste great.
- 2 cups applesauce
- 1 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 2 Tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 10 eggs
- In a medium sized bowl, beat the eggs and applesauce together.
- Add the vanilla, honey and coconut oil, and mix with the eggs.
- Sift the coconut flour in a separate bowl, removing any chunks.
- Add the baking power and cinnamon to the sifted coconut flour.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet and stir well to combine.
- Allow to sit while oven begins to preheat to 400 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin papers, or grease with coconut oil.
- Scoop the batter by 1/3 cup full into the pan, filling each 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400 for 18-20 minutes, until soft but "springy" on top. The top should spring back when gently pressed on.
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
USA Pan (1200MF) Bakeware Cupcake and Muffin Pan, 12 Well, Nonstick & Quick Release Coating, Made in the USA from Aluminized Steel
YS Eco Bee Farms RAW HONEY - Raw, Unfiltered, Unpasteurized - Kosher 3lbs
Carrington Farms Gluten Free, Unrefined, Cold Pressed, Virgin Organic Coconut Oil, 54 oz. (Ounce), Coconut Oil For Skin & Hair Care, Cooking, Baking, Smoothies – Packaging May Vary
McCormick All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract, Gluten-Free Vanilla
Trader Joe's Baking Powder Aluminum Free & Double Acting 8.1 Oz (Pack of 2)
Frontier Co-op Ceylon Cinnamon, Organic Fair Trade Certified, Ground, 1 Pound Bulk Bag
Anthony's Organic Coconut Flour, 4 lb, Batch Tested Gluten Free, Non GMO, Vegan, Keto Friendly
Nutrition InformationYield 18 Serving Size 1 muffin
Amount Per Serving Calories 178Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 103mgSodium 99mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 5g
I do my best to make sure these numbers are accurate, however, please be your own best advocate and double check!