This raw cauliflower salad, with sweet peas, creamy cheese, and loads of garlic is perfect for those summer BBQ’s!
As an affiliate of Azure standard, I may earn from qualifying purchases. See why I love Azure Standard by reading the post here.
I first tried this recipe during a gathering of friends a couple of years ago. My friend Lauralee brought it, and it was sooo good. She was on keto, and needed some new ways to eat her veggies. Thus, this salad.
I have revved it up a bit and changed some of the ingredients to fit what we normally have on hand in our home. The original was made with Parmesan cheese, and green beans. It also lacked some “oomph” in my opinion, so I added the garlic.
The result is this delicious, creamy cauliflower salad recipe that goes great with burgers, hot dogs, or just eating on it’s own.
Do I use the whole head cauliflower?
I prefer to use a whole head cauliflower, finely chopped as needed. That is what grows in my garden. However, you can use pre-chopped cauliflower florets, or even thawed cauliflower rice in the package. As always, use what you have on hand.
Ingredients you need:
- Fresh head cauliflower
- Frozen peas
- Bacon of choice
- Sour cream
- Shredded colby jack cheese
- Black pepper
- Garlic, minced fine
Making your cold cauliflower salad:
- Remove the core and leaves from the cauliflower. Cut into bite size pieces and place in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Thaw frozen peas and add to bowl. Mince the garlic and add to the bowl.
- Cook the bacon and chop into pieces. Add to vegetables in bowl.
- Mix in the mayo and colby jack cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper and toss cauliflower salad in the bowl to combine.
- Allow flavors to meld in the fridge before serving for best flavor.
Can I use canned peas for this?
I won’t stop you, honestly. But canned peas can get real mushy really quick, so I don’t recommend them. I have used them in a pinch when the craving for this side dish happened, but thawed frozen peas or fresh is best.
Is this a keto cauliflower salad?
Yes and no. Most of the ingredients are keto, including the peas. Of course, that depends entirely on how you feel about peas on keto. If you want to keep the carbs lower, sub green beans like my friend did, or you can even lower the amount of peas in the salad.
What to serve with this salad:
Other Recipes you are sure to love:
Cauliflower Pea Salad
This raw cauliflower salad, with sweet peas, creamy cheese, and loads of garlic is perfect for those summer BBQ's!
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 pound bacon of choice (I used turkey in this recipe)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced fine
- Remove the core and leaves from the cauliflower. Cut into small, bite size florets and place in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Run frozen peas under warm water for 2-3 minutes to thaw. Add thawed peas to cauliflower in bowl.
- Mince the garlic and add to the bowl.
- Cook the bacon, drain any grease, and chop into pieces. Add to vegetables in bowl.
- Mix in the mayo and colby jack cheese. Stir all ingredients to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, stirring again to combine.
- Place covered bowl in fridge for 20-30 minutes, to allow flavors to meld.
- Store in covered container for up to 3 days.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 582Total Fat 51gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 34gCholesterol 81mgSodium 1375mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 21g
I do my best to make sure these numbers are accurate, however, please be your own best advocate and double check!
Join the Conversation