This chicken enchilada soup is loaded with tomatoes, onions, and chicken. Simple to make in your Instant Pot, it’s also dairy free and gluten free!
There is no way you can have too many chicken recipes. Chicken is very versatile, and can go easily from casseroles, stir fry, to soups. This chicken enchilada soup is comforting, and warming, and easy to make. It’s sure to be a hit with the entire family! What makes this so easy to make is the Instant Pot.
What is an Instant Pot?
Unless you have not had the internet, pinterest, or have been generally living under a rock, you have at least heard of, or have seen the Instant Pot. It’s an amazing, all in one, kitchen appliance that you can brown, sautee, cook, and reheat in. All on the countertop, and without giving off a lot of heat.
This electric pressure cooker has presets for soup, chicken, stews, chili, and even yogurt. A twist of the lid, a touch of the button, and you have your next meal coming up fast.
Is this chicken enchilada soup dairy free?
Yes, the addition of coconut milk instead of regular milk makes it dairy free. You can certainly use regular milk if you’d prefer, or another type of non dairy milk such as almond or cashew if you need to avoid coconuts.This chicken enchilada soup is loaded with tomatoes, onions, and chicken. Simple to make in your Instant Pot, it's also dairy free and gluten free! #soup #instantpot #dairyfree #glutenfree #dinnerideas
Do I need to use chicken breasts with this enchilada soup?
Boneless, skinless chicken thighs work just as well in this recipe. They may even be preferred by some for their deeper flavor. You can also use leftover rotisserie chicken if you’d like.
How do I make this chicken enchilada soup?
- Saute veggies in the Instant Pot
- Add remaining ingredients, set the lid to sealing, and set timer.
- Use a quick pressure release, remove the lid, and shred the chicken.
- Stir and serve
Are you ready for a quick, easy soup that is not only tasty, but comforting? You are going to love this chicken enchilada soup and how easy it is!
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 Tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 1 Tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 8 ounce package red enchilada sauce
- 1 13.5 ounce can coconut milk - full fat
- 2 4.5 ounce cans chopped green chilies
- 2 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 3-4 pounds chicken breasts or thighs
- sour cream (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- shredded Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- fresh jalapenos, diced (optional)
- In Instant Pot, saute onions with oil on “saute” medium for 10 minutes until they become soft.
- Add seasoning and garlic and stir to combine.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the chicken breast, stir completely.
- Set Pressure to high for 20 minutes then use quick release.
- Remove chicken breasts from InstantPot and shred with a fork. Return to InstantPot and stir one more time.
- Top as desired, and serve.
Additional time is for the Instant Pot to come to pressure before cooking time starts.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
La Preferida Organic Green Chiles, Mild-Diced, 4 oz (Pack - 12)
Simply Organic Simmer Sauce, Red Enchilada, 6 Count (Pack of 6)
Thai Kitchen Organic Unsweetened Coconut Milk, 13.66 fl oz , Pack of 6
Kirkland Minced California Garlic, 48-Ounce Super Easy Guacamole Edit or replace
Instant Pot Duo 60 321 Electric Pressure Cooker, 6-QT, Stainless Steel/Black
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 829Total Fat 37gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 295mgSodium 1161mgCarbohydrates 17gNet Carbohydrates 13gFiber 4gSugar 8gProtein 105g
I do my best to make sure these numbers are accurate, however, please be your own best advocate and double check!