The next time you’re looking for a sweet dessert to make for a crowd, give these Bakery Style Vanilla Cupcakes a try! These delicious homemade cupcakes are soft, moist, and so fluffy! The end result is a bakery-style cupcake that is irresistible.
What is a Bakery Style Cupcake?
Believe it or not, but not everyone has experienced a bakery style cupcake. Some would describe a bakery style cupcake is softer and more delectable. It’s a little sweeter, and light and fluffy. This simple vanilla cupcake recipe is sure to bring a smile to your face!
Ingredients Needed for Vanilla Cupcakes
How to Make Bakery Style Vanilla Cupcakes
- Preheat the oven.
- Mix the softened butter and sugar together.
- Blend the dry ingredients together.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until just mixed.
- Prepare the cupcake pan.
- Bake and allow the cupcakes to cool completely, then frost.
Ingredients for the frosting:
Making your homemade vanilla buttercream frosting:
If you’re wondering how to make the frosting for this recipe, you’re in for a treat. Never made homemade frosting before? Well, this recipe will be a huge hit!
- Beat the cream cheese and butter for the frosting!
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla; mix well.
- Add the heavy cream a little at a time, all while continuing to mix with the electric mixer.
- After the cupcakes are cooled, add the frosting!
How many cupcakes does this recipe make?
This recipe will make about 12 cupcakes. If you’d like to make a double batch, then make sure you times each ingredient by 2! This is an easy recipe to double.
How to Store the Cupcakes
Once these cupcakes are made, you may be wondering how you can store them. Place the cupcakes in an airtight container. You can either place the cupcakes in the fridge or place them on the counter. If you were to place them in the fridge, they will last longer!
To freeze the cupcakes, double wrap them in Saran Wrap or add them to a freezer friendly container. Once they are in the container, you can store them for up to six months.
Other Dessert Recipes to Try
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and mix until well combined. Stir in the sour cream, milk, and vanilla extract, mixing just until the batter is smooth.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir just until combined.
- Line a muffin pan with paper cupcake liners. Scoop the batter into the liners to ¾ full.
- Bake the cupcakes at 400F degrees for 5 minutes. While the cupcakes are still in the oven, reduce the heat to 350F degrees and bake for an additional 9 minutes, or just until the cupcakes have set in the center and no batter sticks to a toothpick when inserted into the cupcake.
- Cool the cupcakes to room temperature on a baking rack.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter for the frosting with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla; mix well.
- Add the heavy cream, one tablespoon at a time, mixing well with an electric mixer until the frosting is creamy and smooth.
- Top the cooled cupcakes with the frosting.