Need a fast and easy dinner that the whole family will love? These Instant Pot Chicken Nachos are delicious in more ways than one. So easy to make, and so delicious. The best part is that they can be food storage friendly as well!
Do you love tacos? Give these Authentic Barbacoa Tacos a try!
Hungry family and you’re not sure what to serve? Or do you have friends coming over to watch that big game and you need easy food to feed a crowd? You’ll love these chicken nachos in the Instant Pot.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Budget-friendly. It’s possible to make dinner and keep it budget friendly. Instant Pot Chicken Nachos are a family favorite because they are so inexpensive to make!
- Versatile dish. You can make these Instant Pot Chicken Nachos in the Instant Pot, but you can enjoy the meat on tacos, burritos, or quesadillas! The options are endless!
- Hands off meal. It’s nice when you can make a dish and not have to do much to it! This is a hands off meal where the Instant Pot does most of the work.
- Food storage friendly. You can use rehydrated chicken and cheese, and top with some homemade or store bought salsa. Or add some canned olives and drained canned tomatoes, then top with dried cilantro for a delicious food storage friendly meal.
Ingredients you need:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- Taco seasoning
- Chicken broth
- Shredded cheese
- Black olives
- Tomatoes, seeded and diced
- Avocados, diced
- Tortilla chips
Making your Instant Pot Chicken Nachos
- Place the chicken in the Instant Pot. Add the chicken broth and the taco seasoning.
- Pressure cook your chicken, then shred it once done.
- Prepare a baking sheet pan and place the chips on them. Top with cheese and broil.
- When cheese is melted, top with shredded chicken and favorite toppings.
What toppings go well with Chicken Nachos?
There are so many topping options for these Chicken Nachos. You can avocados, lime, olives, sour cream, and chopped cilantro. The options are endless for choosing what to add on top of your nachos.
These Chicken Nachos are great for the whole family because each person can add what they like or don’t like to their nachos. If you have someone that doesn’t like nachos in your family, then you can make the chicken into tacos or burritos.
- Such a simple recipe. Making these Chicken Nachos in the Instant Pot is simple, but there is so many variations! You don’t even have to use chicken, you can use ground beef. Use your favorite meats to make the most amazing tacos!
- Chicken taco bar, anyone? If you are really feeling like NOT cooking, here’s an idea for you. Make the tacos as directed and THEN put all the toppings out for everyone to enjoy. Your family can put their own toppings on their chicken tacos.
- Don’t have chicken breasts on hand? You can use leftover store bought rotisserie chicken as well. Simply heat that up with the taco seasoning and you are good to go!
What to Serve with Instant Pot Chicken Nachos
- Crock Pot Red Beans and Rice
- Cilantro Lime Brown Rice in the Instant Pot
- Easy Cuban Black Beans
- Super Easy Guacamole
The next time you want a quick and easy meal to make, give these Instant Pot Chicken Nachos a try. This is a recipe the whole family will love and not complain about. Plus, if you’re looking for an easy meal option, you can throw this nachos recipe together in no time.
Other Instant Pot Recipes You’ll Want To Try:
- 1 to 2 pounds medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup water or chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded queso blend cheese
- 1 ½ cups salsa
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 lime, sliced
- Tortilla chips
- Place chicken breasts into the pot of an electric pressure cooker. Pour chicken broth and taco seasoning over the chicken.
- Place the lid on the electric pressure cooker and set the valve to sealing. Set the pressure cooker to “manual” or “pressure cook” for 12 minutes. When the cook cycle is complete, allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes before a quick release of remaining pressure.
- Remove the chicken and shred with two forks (or shortcut by shredding with an electric mixer.)
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Prepare a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread tortilla chips over the foil in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the tortilla chips with half of the cheese.
- Place under the broiler for 3 minutes, watching carefully to keep the chips from burning.
- Remove from oven and top with the chicken, remaining cheese, and your desired toppings.