There is nothing quite like a good Steak and Potatoes meal. This meal includes making 4 ribeye steaks, 2 large potatoes, Brussel sprouts, and seasoning. Biting into this juicy steak will change the way you feel about making dinner at home!
They say that you need a protein and a vegetable to feel happy and full. Well, making this Steak and Potatoes meal is something you can make if you need a last minute meal idea. You could go buy the ingredients for this meal and make it for dinner tonight!
Why You Should Make Steak and Potatoes
There are probably many reasons on WHY you should make steak and potatoes, but here are a few of my favorite reasons why.
- The whole family will enjoy this recipe. If you want a night off from picky eaters, then make this meal. Who doesn’t love potatoes with a side of steak and veggies?
- This is a quick meal. Although it sounds fancy, this meal just has a few ingredients, which means it is a quick meal!
- Camping meals. You should consider making this meal because it would make a fantastic camping meal.
- Fantastic grilling meal. Another reason to make this meal is that it’s fantastic for grilling. Dinners in under 30 minutes are possible and this recipe is proof!
There you have it, four simple reasons on why you should make this steak and potatoes meal.
Ingredients you need:
What’s the Best Steak to Use?
Making steak can be a little confusing for someone new to cooking. You will want to choose a steak that is tender cut. I chose ribeye steak, with the higher fat content for this recipe. In my opinion, the higher fat content keeps them far more tender, even if they stay in the oven a little bit too long.
How to Make Steak and Potatoes
- Preheat oven.
- Place each steak in the center of a piece of foil.
- Cut potatoes into cubes.
- Cut Brussels sprouts in half.
- Close up each foil pouch and place it on a baking sheet.
- Bake and remove from the oven and serve in a foil packet.
Variations for Steak, Potatoes, and Brussel Sprouts
- Leave out the steak or replace it with another protein if you aren’t a fan of steak.
- Use any kind of potatoes you’d like. This recipe is super versatile.
- Use broccoli or zucchini for your foil packets!
What to Serve with This Recipe
What Other Choices of Meat Can Be Used?
If you don’t want to use steak, then consider using chicken breasts, or even ground beef made into patties. Both are good options.
Do you love eating Steak and Potatoes? When do you see yourself making this dish? If you’re looking for a quick one say dinner option, then give this recipe a try!
Other Beef Recipes to Try
- 4 Ribeye Steaks
- 2 Large Red Potatoes or 2 Medium Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 2 cups Brussels Sprouts
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place each steak in the center of a piece of foil large enough to
wrap around the steak, plus 2-4 inches of extra space.
- Cut potatoes into cubes and split evenly into each of the four foil
- Cut Brussels sprouts in half and split evenly into each of the four
- Drizzle lemon juice over each of the steaks.
- Spread garlic, salt and pepper over each of the steaks.
- Slice butter into 4 pats and place over each of the steaks.
- Close up each foil pouch and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then open each of the foil packets.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes or to taste (if you prepare a
- Remove from the oven and serve in foil packet.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 532Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 82mgSodium 213mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 7gSugar 5gProtein 29g
I do my best to make sure these numbers are accurate, however, please be your own best advocate and double check!