Are you craving a dessert that you can easily make right at home? This Turtle Brownie Sundae in a Jar is delicious in every way!
The great thing about this recipe is that you get to use a brownie mix if you’d like! It requires only 5 ingredients and in no time, you’ll be enjoying this incredible dessert! Use some food storage ingredients and you have a delicious dessert recipe anytime.
What is a Turtle Brownie in a Jar?
Anything that has the word “turtle” in it usually involves nuts, caramel sauce, and chocolate. Just like the famous turtle candy. This Turtle Brownie has delicious layers of caramel, whipped cream, pecans and chocolate chips.
What makes this recipe fun is that you get to place everything inside of a jar to enjoy. The layers not only look gorgeous, but the end result is a tasty one!
Making Your Turtle Brownie Sundae In a Jar
- Make brownies following directions on the box.
- Whisk together cream and powdered sugar, and set aside.
- Layer your ingredients and enjoy!
Can I bake the brownies in a mason jar?
While many people have said that it’s safe to do, I usually don’t. Doing so can lead to the jar heating unevenly and exploding. Your glass bakeware is designed for the oven heat, but the jars are not. From the Ball website
“We do not recommend baking in any size or shape of Ball or Kerr canning jars. The glass used for Ball and Kerr canning jars is not tempered for oven use and is not meant to be used in baking projects. The jars are safe to use for home canning recipes, cold or room temperature food storage, crafting, and cold beverages.
The jars should not be used as bakeware, as most bakeware is tempered and can withstand greater temperature differentials. However, you can still get the fun look of the mason jar dessert, without the risk.
Do I have to use boxed brownie mix?
Variations To Try:
- Try a different brownie mixture – If you’ve used regular brownies before, try a different version. There are TONS of boxed brownie recipes out there. You may just find the perfect one that your family loves!
- Don’t like pecans? Swap it up with other nuts. Try cashews, peanuts, or even walnuts.
- Try different topping options. You don’t have to stick to only chocolate and caramel for the toppings.
- Add ice cream to the top. You’re inf or a real treat when you add ice cream to the top of this brownie concoction.
- Add candy to the top of the brownie. You’ll LOVE adding your favorite candy to the top of this brownie.
What Can I Serve With This Turtle Brownie Sundae?
Other Brownie Recipes to Try
- 1 (18 ounce) box brownie mix with ingredients to make brownies
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Bake brownies according to package instructions. Cool completely.
Cut into small squares.
- In a cold mixing bowl, whisk the heavy cream with powdered sugar
until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Press cubes of brownie into the bottom of the jars. On top of the
brownies, sprinkle the pecans and drizzle with about 2 teaspoons of
caramel sauce. Add a spoonful of the the whipped cream. Then, repeat
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Garnish with additional pecans,
caramel, and/or mini chocolate chips if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 521Total Fat 38gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 73mgSodium 244mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 2gSugar 38gProtein 5g
I do my best to make sure these numbers are accurate, however, please be your own best advocate and double check!