This grilled peach caprese salad is a fruity, fresh and super delicious Spring and Summer salad. Basil, ripe tomatoes, buttery croutons, sweet peaches, fresh mozzarella and a generous drizzle of homemade pesto are sure to make this your favorite salad from the season.
When it comes to salads I like ones that are fun, and tasty, and bonus points if you feel like you can’t spot yourself from making it again and again. That’s the type of salad that I think we should all make. Bye bye to boring iceberg lettuce and same-as-always toppings, fun and flavorful salads are here to stay.
This grilled peach caprese salad is just that. It’s an incredibly delicious salad that you’ll want to make again and again (and then once more). It’s flavorful, it’s fresh, it’s juicy and it’s filling. Everything a good salad should be.
How to grill peaches
Grilling your peaches is the single most important thing you can do to make this salad shine. When you grill the peaches they caramelize, bringing all the naturally occurring sugars to the top and making them burst with flavor. You can make the grilled peaches in your grill or using your stovetop Both options will work well, so use what is best for you.
- Cut the peaches into thick slices (easier to flip) and brush them with olive oil.
- Then just cook for a couple of minutes per side and you are all done.
What goes well with a grilled peach caprese salad
Once you have grilled peaches it’s time to assemble the salad. You can use the same toppings I did or just play with what you already have on hand and love. There’s a formula you can use when making caprese salad:
Tomatoes + Basil + Cheese + Drizzle + Carbs and Crunch + Something Extra
This time I’m using cherry tomatoes but you can use any other kind, heirloom tomatoes, beefsteak, roma, whichever you prefer. Same goes for the cheese. Traditional caprese salad is made with mozzarella but it’s also delicious with brie or goat cheese.
The possibilities are endless so customize this recipe as much as you want.
Ingredients you need for this salad:
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Avocado or olive oil
- Basil leaves
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Baguette slices
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
How to make a grilled peach caprese salad:
- Combine melted butter with seasonings and brush over baguette slices. Bake slices.
- Grill peaches as directed.
- Assemble the salad in medium plate or bowl.
- Top with cheese and bread.
- Drizzle with pesto and additional salt and pepper.
Other recipes you’ll love with this Peach Caprese salad.
- 2 Cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Peaches, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ Cup basil leaves
- Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp parmesan
- ¼ Cup pesto
- Baguette slices
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- ½ Tsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl combine melted butter with garlic powder and salt and pepper. Brush baguette slices with it and toast for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile prepare the peaches. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Brush each peach slice with olive oil and cook for 4 minutes per side or until caramelized. Remove from fire and let cool for a couple of minutes.
- Assembly the salad. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over a plato or bowl. Add basil leaves and cherry tomatoes. Add the mozzarella cheese and toasted garlic bread.
- Drizzle with pesto and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Simply Organic Pepper, Black Medium Grind Certified Organic, 2.31 Ounce Container
REDMOND Real Sea Salt - Natural Unrefined Organic Gluten Free Fine, 26 ounce pouch (1 Pack)
McCormick Garlic Powder, 8.75 oz
Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil 1 L
Backcountry Cast Iron 12" Large Square Grill Pan (Pre-Seasoned for Non-Stick Like Surface, Cookware Range/Oven/Broiler/Grill Safe, Kitchen Skillet Restaurant Chef Quality)
LE TAUCI Pasta Bowls Ceramic Salad Bowl, Large Serving Bowl Set 45 Ounce - Set of 4, White
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1/2 salad
Amount Per Serving Calories 559Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 22gCholesterol 38mgSodium 812mgCarbohydrates 50gFiber 6gSugar 21gProtein 16g
I do my best to make sure these numbers are accurate, however, please be your own best advocate and double check!