Rich, chocolatey, and easy to make, these peanut butter banana brownies are sure to be a hit with your family!
We love our brownies here. Moist, fudgy, chewy brownies. Whether it’s for a desssert, a snack on the run, or for sharing with friends, not much can beat homemade brownies, right?
Except that banana bread is a pretty close second for us. The Frenchman loves his banana bread, and requests that I make it often. So, combining two of our favorite treats into one was just the next step!
Take our favorite brownie recipe, add some peanut butter, and a couple of older bananas and POOF! Instant deliciousness. Okay, so not “instant” but close enough.
You are going to love these homemade peanut butter banana brownies!
These brownies are perfect for sharing, and have been a hit at our recent bake sales, too. They are moist and fudgy. The banana and peanut butter take the flavor to the next level.
Can I sub out peanut butter?
Sure! You can use almond butter, cashew butter, or sun butter in place of the peanut butter. They all will deliver very good results and flavors.
What flour can I use?
While this recipe calls for all purpose flour, you can get great results with other types of flour. Try fresh milled whole wheat pastry flour, or a 50/50 combination of the two.
For a gluten free brownie, equal amounts of almond flour will work just as well.
I like to avoid highly processed sugar, can I sub out the white sugar?
Yes. I have not tested this recipe with honey, but you can sub out the the white sugar for another granulated type of your choice. Some ideas to work with:
- coconut sugar
- turbinado sugar
- sucanat sugar
Are you ready for a new twist on homemade brownies? Here’s what you will need:
- Ripe bananas
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cocoa powder
- Peanut butter
Making your fudgy brownies:
- Mash the bananas, and mix with the flour mixture and cocoa powder until smooth and creamy.
- Spread into your prepared pan.
- Top with peanut butter and swirl in to blend.
- Bake in oven and cool completely.
What’s your favorite dessert? Will you try these peanut butter banana brownies? Be sure to let me know what you think!
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray ax 8x8 square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Line with parchment paper. Spray parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mashed bananas, melted butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- To the banana mixture add flour, salt, and cocoa powder. Stir until smooth.
- Spread the batter into dish.
- Dot the top of the batter with spoonfuls of peanut butter. Use a spatula or butter knife to work the peanut butter into a swirl in the brownie batter.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until set in the middle.Allow brownies to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing and serving.
- For best results, lift the brownies from the baking dish with the parchment paper. Clean knife between slices.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wholesome Organic Cane Sugar, Fair Trade, Non GMO, 10 LB, single unit
NOW Foods Organic Turbinado Sugar, 2.5 lbs
NOW Foods Sucanat(R) Organic Sugar Cane - 2 lb
McCormick All Natural Pure Vanilla Extract, Gluten-Free Vanilla
Hodgson Mill Organic All-Purpose White Flour, Unbleached, 2 LB (Pack of 6). Unbromated & Unenriched Naturally White Wheat Flour (Packaging May Vary)
Organic Cocoa Powder (2 pounds) by Anthony's, Batch Tested and Verified Gluten-Free & Non-GMO
Crazy Richard’s Creamy Peanut Butter, 100% Natural, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, 16 Ounce Jars (Pack of 6)
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1 brownie
Amount Per Serving Calories 187Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 15mgSodium 55mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 15gProtein 3g