Perfect for the holidays, or any time of year, this cauliflower dressing recipe is a delicious side dish that is not only low carb and gluten free, but keto diet friendly!
Do you feel overstuffed, and even bloated after a large holiday meal? I mean, who doesn’t feel that way, right? It may NOT be just the amount of food you are eating, but the ingredients in the food.
For some people, grains and gluten leave them overstuffed, bloated, and with that general BLAH feeling. If that describes YOU, you will love this gluten free, low carb dressing! It’s great for keto or low carb diet as well.
Since the ingredients are naturally gluten free, you can also feel good serving this to your guests with gluten intolerance. We make this for my aunt, who has full on celiac disease, every holiday and she loves it!Perfect for the holidays, or any time of year, this cauliflower dressing recipe is a delicious side dish that is not only low carb and gluten free, but keto diet friendly! #glutenfree #lowcarb #holiday
How is this gluten free dressing really “dressing”?
Well, it’s not “stuffing” in the traditional stuffing from a box sense. It is not made with breadcrumbs, but with cauliflower. It has all the flavor of your favorite holiday side dish, but without the carbs. You can feel free to indulge a bit in this keto stuffing recipe, and not have any of the guilt!
Is there a difference between stuffing and dressing?
Actually, there is. Although often used interchangeably, stuffing refers to what goes INSIDE the bird. Dressing is what is often served as a side dish. This gluten free stuffing is technically a dressing, since we are not putting it inside the turkey.
Ingredients you need:
How do I make this low carb dressing?
- Start by chopping the vegetables into small pieces. You can either use a knife, or a food processor.
- Toss with avocado oil, and seasonings.
- Spread on buttered parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake until golden brown.
- Serve hot, alongside other holiday dishes.
What can I serve this cauliflower stuffing recipe (or dressing, as you like) with?
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 3 large celery stalks
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 Tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon fresh sage (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 4 Tablespoons fresh parsley, divided
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- Chop cauliflower into small florets, dice the celery stalks, and mince the cloves of garlic.
- Add all the ingredients except the butter to a large bowl and toss together until ingredients are well distributed.
- Place a thing layer of butter on a portion of parchment paper then place it over a cookie sheet, butter side up.
- Dump the contents of the bowl onto the parchment paper and spread evenly.5. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until at least golden brown.
Be sure to check your cauliflower periodically while it’s baking. Depending on the amount you make and the oven, it may cook faster or slower. Adjust time as needed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Beyond Gourmet 42 Unbleached Non-Stick Parchment Paper, Made in Sweden, 71-Square-Feet
Kirkland Minced California Garlic, 48-Ounce Super Easy Guacamole Edit or replace
Simply Organic Pepper, Black Medium Grind Certified Organic, 2.31 Ounce Container
REDMOND Real Sea Salt - Natural Unrefined Organic Gluten Free Fine, 26 ounce pouch (1 Pack)
Wilton 15 x 21-Inch 2105-0109 Perfect Results Non-Stick Mega Large Cookie Pan
Simply Organic Sage Leaf Ground Certified Organic, 1.41-Ounce Container
Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil 1 L
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1/4 total
Amount Per Serving Calories 260Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 23mgSodium 657mgCarbohydrates 12gFiber 6gSugar 5gProtein 5g
While I do my best to make sure these numbers are accurate, please be your own best advocate and double check!