The perfect combination of sweet and tart in a light delicate cookie. You’ll love this cranberry white chocolate chip cookie recipe.
The first person who decided that cranberries and white chocolate should go together is my hero. It’s sweet, yet tart and they balance each other perfectly.
My family loves the combination in these cranberry white chocolate scones, so I knew that making them into cranberry white chocolate chip cookies was just the next step to satisfy our cravings.
Ingredients you need:
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- Granulated white sugar
- Vanilla extract
- White chocolate chips
- Dried cranberries
Making this homemade cookies recipe:
- Preheat oven to 350, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer on medium speed, beat butter until fluffy. Add brown and granulated sugar and beat together well. Stir in egg and vanilla extract.
- Add flour mixture to butter and sugars and mix well. Fold in white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.
- Scoop onto a prepared baking sheet, and place in oven. Bake, then allow to cool completely on cooling rack.
What kind of cranberries should I use? Can I use fresh cranberries?
This recipe will not work well with fresh cranberries due to their higher water content. For this to work, you will want to use dried cranberries over fresh or frozen.
How can I make this gluten free?
Almond flour is normally a good 1:1 substitute for all purpose flour. However, it will not work in this cookie recipe. If you need it to be gluten free, I would suggest trying a gluten free flour such as this one.
Other recipes you’ll love
- Jam Thumbprint Cookies
- Pumpkin Butterscotch Cookies
- Chocolate Oatmeal No Bake Cookies
- Soft Chewy Sugar Cookies
- 1 ¾ cups white flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a stand mixer,or a hand mixer using a large bowl, mix together brown sugar, white sugar, and butter. Beat until fluffy. Add in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until well incorporated.
- Fold in white chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Using a cookie scoop, drop onto parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
Nutrition InformationYield 26 Serving Size 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 133Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 18mgSodium 85mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 0gSugar 12gProtein 2g
I do my best to make sure these numbers are accurate, however, please be your own best advocate and double check!