Get on the Dalgona coffee craze with this easy whipped coffee! Sweet and creamy, it’s the perfect afternoon treat.
Dalgona coffee is a whipped coffee on top of milk or cream, that originated in South Korea. Normally served as an iced coffee treat, and touted as the perfect afternoon pick me up, it has reached craze level in the United States. You may have seen this craze on the social media Tik Tok, or just on Pinterest.
This coffee drink is made with equal parts of instant coffee, sugar, and water. It is then blended until thick and creamy with a hand mixer or milk frother.
What if I don’t want the extra caffeine?
If you don’t want the extra caffeine in the afternoon, it’s easy to make the switch from coffee to Dandy blend, which is blended up dandelion roots and is a good coffee alternative for any coffee recipe. It has the look, feel, and flavor of a good ground coffee, without the caffeine.
- Dandy Blend
Make your whipped coffee:
- Blend Dandy blend with sweetner, and add hot water. Stir to dissolve.
- Mix with hand mixer until frothy.
- Add cold milk to glass, and spoon whipped coffee over. Enjoy.
Switch up your Dalgona coffee:
- For Keto: Swap out the sugar for erythritol or stevia. Replace the milk with heavy cream to lower the carb count.
- For Paleo: Swap out the sugar for erythritol or stevia, and pour over almond, coconut, or cashew milk.
- Different flavors to try: Add chocolate syrup to the milk for a mocha, caramel syrup for a caramel latte type drink. Try brown sugar for another level of caramel flavor. Other flavors to try are raspberry syrup, mint extract, or any combination of the above. Let me know what other flavors you try!
How do I drink this coffee?
It’s best to stir the coffee and milk together before enjoying, but you can always use a spoon to enjoy the whipped coffee and add a straw to sip the milk.
Other beverages to try
- 2 Tablespoons Dandy Blend
- 2 Tablespoons sweetener
- 2 Tablespoons hot water
- In a small mixing bowl, add the dandy blend, sweetener, and mix together. Pour in the hot water, and stir to dissolve.
- Using a hand mixer, or milk frother, blend coffee mixture until thick and creamy. This can take up to 2 minutes, so be patient.
- In a glass with ice, pour in milk. Spoon whipped coffee mixture over top and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 68Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 10mgSodium 64mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 4g
I do my best to make sure these numbers are accurate, however, please be your own best advocate and double check!