So quick and easy, this homemade pico de gallo has just the right amount of zip and zing for delicious dipping! Add it to tacos, quesidillas or just eat it with crunchy tortilla chips!
A classic condiment for many dishes, this fresh Pico de Gallo is amazingly easy to throw together. You can easily adjust this to suit your own taste preferences, too. Fresh ingredients that come together in less than 5 minutes…what could be better?
What is the difference between Pico de Gallo and salsa?
While they typically contain the same main ingredients, pico de gallo is more chunky, with less liquid than salsa. Instead of being more processed, Pico de Gallo’s ingredients are always very distinct in the bowl.
As far as uses, they are pretty much interchangeable. You can use pico de gallo where you would enjoy any salsa, including on tacos, salads, and dipping with tortilla chips.
Ingredients you need:
- Fresh tomatoes
- Lemon juice
How to make fresh Pico de Gallo
- Chop tomatoes, and onions into small dices.
- Seed and mince jalapeno.
- Add all ingredients into bowl, and toss with juice and salt.
- Allow to sit for 30 minutes or so for flavors to meld.
Doesn’t Pico de Gallo use cilantro?
Sometimes, yes, it does. I prefer to have it, but I am the only one in my family that loves cilantro, so I usually leave it out when making this for the family.
If you want to add cilantro, I would suggest adding in leaves from 1/2 a medium bunch of cilantro and mixing in before allowing it to sit.
What to serve this Pico de Gallo with
- 6 Roma tomatoes, diced small
- 1 medium onion, diced small
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Dice the tomatoes and onion and place in a bowl.
- Seed and mince the jalapeno and add to tomatoes and onion.
- Stir in salt and lemon juice and allow to sit for 30 minutes before serving for flavors to meld.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
REDMOND Real Sea Salt - Natural Unrefined Organic Gluten Free Fine, 26 ounce pouch (1 Pack)
GEEKHOM Wooden Spoons for Cooking, 6-Piece Wood Kitchen Utensil Set for Non Stick Cookware with Natural Teak Wooden Spatula,Slotted Spatula,Salad Fork
mixing bowls - mixing bowl Set of 6 - stainless steel mixing bowls - Polished Mirror kitchen bowls - Set Includes ¾, 2, 3.5, 5, 6, 8 Quart - Ideal For Cooking & Serving - Easy to clean - Great gift