So easy to make! Juicy beef brisket shreds beautifully and combines with queso, salsa, or cilantro for a delicious beef brisket taco.
Who’s in the mood for an easy meal that the whole family is sure to love? Cooking a brisket in a slow cooker means that you can easily start this in the morning, go about your day, and have an easy taco night dinner with very little hands on.
Since moving to the southwest part of our country, I have really come to enjoy the Tex Mex flavors that are so abundant here. I have eaten more corn tortillas, flour tortillas and consumed more lime juice in a year than I ever did in my previous years. And I am loving it.
Now, a lot of people like to have smoked brisket, and for a “proper BBQ” that is how it’s done here. However, I like a slow cooked brisket in the slow cooker for tacos. It leaves the meat so tender and juicy and delicious.
Ingredients you need
- Beef brisket
- Apple cider vinegar
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Beef broth
- Sour cream
- Red onions
How to make your slow cooker beef brisket tacos
- Combine vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. Cover brisket and allow to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place in slow cooker with marinade and add beef broth.
- Set on low and cook. Remove the brisket to a plate and shred with 2 forks.
- Serve on warm tortillas and toppings as desired.
What to serve with slow cooker brisket tacos
Other recipes you’ll love
Slow Cooker Beef Brisket Tacos
- 2-3 pounds beef brisket
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- queso blanco
- quartered limes
- cilantro, chopped
- diced red onion
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the apple cider vinegar with onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place beef brisket in large bowl, and rub marinade over all. Allow to marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, up to overnight.
- Set beef brisket and marinade in slow cooker, and add beef broth.
- Set crockpot to low and cook on low for 8 hours. Remove brisket to a plate and shred with 2 forks.
- Serve on warm tortillas and choice of toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Crock-Pot 7-Quart Oval Manual Slow Cooker | Stainless Steel (SCV700SS)
Simply Organic Pepper, Black Medium Grind Certified Organic, 2.31 Ounce Container
REDMOND Real Sea Salt - Natural Unrefined Organic Gluten Free Fine, 26 ounce pouch (1 Pack)
McCormick Fine Garlic Powder, 21 oz
McCormick Granulated Onion, 18 oz
Bragg USDA Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, With The Mother 16 Ounces Natural Cleanser, Promotes Weight Loss - Pack of 2
Join the Conversation