Savory bacon, mixed with sweet onions, garlic, and broccoli are the perfect match with eggs and creamy cheese in this easy crustless quiche! Perfect for Sunday brunch, it’s also low carb and gluten free!
I love making quiche. It’s a comforting way to start the day, and it’s so versatile that you can make it with just about any ingredients you have on hand. It’s one of my favorite baked egg dishes.
Normally, quiche like quiche lorraine and other flavors have a pie type crust on the bottom, but what if you need a gluten free quiche? I have just the recipe for you. This is an easy gluten free, crust free breakfast.
What I like about this breakfast is that you can make it ahead of time, and it reheats beautifully. I didn’t think anything with an egg mixture would reheat well, but this really does.
What size pie dish should I use?
I used a 9 inch pie dish for this. Obviously, you can use a larger or smaller one, but watch your baking times. You can also make mini quiches by using a muffin tin to bake this.
Ingredients you need:
Making your crustless quiche:
- Preheat oven and prepare pie pan.
- Heat avocado oil in skillet, and saute onion and garlic. Add broccoli and bacon, salt, and pepper. Saute until bacon is cooked.
- Whisk eggs in large bowl. Add carmelized onions, garlic, broccoli, and bacon to eggs, and stir in 1/2 of the cheese.
- Pour into pie pan and bake.
- Top with remaining cheese, and bake again.
- Allow to cool 10 to 20 minutes before cutting and serving.
Can I make this dairy free?
This quiche will work just as well without cheese, or with a dairy free cheese substitute, if you’d like.
How do I reheat this crustless quiche?
- Reheat in oven by placing on oven safe plate and heating for 10- 15 minutes at 350.
- Microwave on a safe plate, with a paper towel covering it for 3 minutes.
- Heat in the Instant Pot in a safe dish on a trivet, for 3 minutes, with quick release.
- It’s also great cold.
What to serve with this easy crustless quiche:
Is this crustless quiche keto?
This recipe has about 4 net grams carbs per serving, which can fit into your low carb or keto diet. I make a double batch as part of my weekend prep, and we have a heart, protein filled, low carb breakfast for the week.
For a paleo option, you can leave out the cheese.
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cups broccoli
- 8 strips turkey bacon, chopped
- 2 cups shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a pie pan with cooking spray, coconut oil, or butter.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat avocado oil. Saute onion and garlic for 3 minutes, until onions begin to sweat.
- Chop the bacon into pieces and add to pan. Stir in broccoli and continue to cook until bacon is cooked through.
- Using a large mixing bowl, crack eggs and whip with a whisk until fluffy. Stir in broccoli, turkey bacon, onion, garlic, and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir well and pour into prepared pie pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from oven, top with remaining cheese and bake for an additional 10 minutes, until eggs are fully set.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes before cutting and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 312Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 322mgSodium 751mgCarbohydrates 6gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 20g
I do my best to make sure these numbers are accurate, however, please be your own best advocate and double check!