Sweet, with just a bit of refreshing tartness, this easy pink lemonade is a summer treat to enjoy all year long!
Since moving south, one of our favorite summer drinks is homemade lemonade. Our favorite local restaurant makes different lemonades throughout the week, and their pink lemonade recipe is amazing. I wanted to see if I could recreate that at home to enjoy more often.
I spent some time researching recipes, and found that there are blends from cranberry juice to raspberry puree and even a strawberry lemonade type. All those sounded okay, but I think this one is the best.
What is the origin of pink lemonade?
The legend goes that circus worker Henry E. “Sanchez” Allott is credited with the first pink lemonade creation by dropping red cinnamon candies in a batch of lemonade by mistake.
What’s the difference with pink lemonade?
While lemonade is plain lemon juice, sugar, water, and ice, pink lemonade adds in additional fruit juices. Most commercial pink lemonades have grape juice in them, if you can believe that!
Ingredients you need:
Making your pink lemonade:
- Make a simple syrup by boiling some of the water in a small saucepan, over high heat, with the sugar, until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, add cold water and stir in lemon juice.
- Add in grenadine syrup and lemon slices if desired.
- Serve over ice for a refreshing and delicious drink.
What kind of sugar should I use?
Other recipes you’ll love:
- Sparkling Strawberry Limeade
- Homemade Almond Milk
- Cherry Lemonade
- Cherry Lemonade
- Sparkling Greyhound Mocktail
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup boiling water
- 15 cups cold water
- 3/4 cup grenadine
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil. Add sugar, and stir to dissolve. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Stir syrup into a gallon sized pitcher and add cold water, lemon juice, and grenadine.
- Serve over ice with lemon slices if desired.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 2 cups
Amount Per Serving Calories 183Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 35mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 0gSugar 39gProtein 0g
I do my best to make sure these numbers are accurate, however, please be your own best advocate and double check!